lørdag den 20. februar 2010

All volunteers = Helpers. I scense chaos.

First, I'd like to say, if you're not familiar with the online multiplayer game OurWorld, don't even bother reading this, cuz it will make NO sense lol.

For those volunteers who don't know what the new helper thing is, it's a feature for all volunteers that will go live on wednesday (February 24). A white square smiley face will appear to the right side of your screen (right over where you can buy throwing items and smileys). If you click it, you will be able to turn helper alerts on/off. If it's on, someone who has a question or need help, can go to "account" in the upper right corner and click "live help" to send out an alert to all helpers/volunteers. If you answer it, you will be transported to the person needing help, and you'll get a pop-up saying who it is. Helpers can be recognized by the smiley face in front of their names.

I love the helper idea, don't get me wrong. But many volunteers, just volunteered "for fun". Because they were hoping to get prestige, rewards, special priveleges, and many of them ask the same questions, they would get from other players as helpers. Since this is the case, most of the volunteers, wouldn't be able to help anyone. Actually I wrote that on the ourWorld forum, this is what I wrote.

Wylde have said that more people are applying to be volunteers than ever. He also said that he thinks it's great, because we need all the help we can get. I trust Wylde's judgement of course, but this really concerns me. The limit to becoming a volunteer is only lvl 30. And I've gotten as much questions from volunteers about basic ourWorld things, as I've gotten from n00bs. It would save a lot of time (and chaos) if people wood look at the knowledge base, but that ain't happening.

I just see people misusing the button, volunteers (many hundreds) being poofed around to people saying "Haha, I made you come!", I see n00bs asking "I played dance planet today, but didn't get a move. why?" and the lvl 32 volunteer standing there saying "uhm... Idk I wondered that myself". I think people should qualify to become helpers, otherwise they're not really helping anyone. Just taking the alert from someone who could actually help.

I'm just... Sceptical.

That pretty much says it. I'm afraid that OurWorld will be a huge mess for a long while, starting next monday.

4 kommentarer:

  1. ye emm i thought it goes live 24th
    xxxx

    SvarSlet
  2. That's right, I'm sorry. I'm used to the updates being on mondays. I'll edit that.

    SvarSlet
  3. You're right. There was this one game called club penguin. They didn't have Volunteers like the ones in Ow. They didn't have any to begin with actually. Anyways, there was this one thing that you could be a 'spy'. Like a special privaledge. But you had to have played for 30 days, and had to complete a short in game test with 100% accuracy. Wylde said something about an automative thing for volunteers. If ourWorld did that for volunteers, I'm sure it'd be better. With a Level limit and test, and possibly a timed thing [where you had to have played for 10 hours...just because people can get to level 30 real quick with the test-mode 42 cheat]volunteering would reached its highest peak :P

    SvarSlet
  4. Exactly. Luckely, the minimum is now lvl 50 (if I remember correctly), and no new helpers/volunteers will be accepted for the next month.

    That helpes a little for me ^_^

    SvarSlet