lørdag den 20. marts 2010

Fake Virus

There are many scams on the net, to make you think you have virus, to make you download the anti virus they suggest. Some people even make new kinds of viruses themselves, to sell the ONLY anti virus that can remove them afrerwards, and get money that way. I was victim for one of those sceams (and no, I didn't FALL for it. Read on to get what I mean).

Just saying... Don't trust anything on the internet. I got this a few years back:

(picture coming, when I find out how to put a picture in my blog... I'm a n00b!)

http://www.gratisimage.dk/image-773C_4BBCA67A.jpg

http://www.gratisimage.dk/image-81BF_4BBCA67A.jpg


That stupid page (that was just a pop-up to start with), forced me to download an anti virus. As you can see on the picture (Seriously, I gotta find out how to make a picture!!!), it was clearly fake. First of all, I have an external hard drive called A 29, and that didn't show. second of all, my computer is in danish, not english ._.

It didn't matter what I clicked, it started downloading. I couldn't even kill the process... Then when it's down, I wanna get rid of it, but instead, it autostarts. And like with the download, it didn't matter what I clicked, it still installed. When it was done with that, I wanted to remove the program. But I couldn't! No matter what I did, it wouldn't let me remove it. Took a while for me to get it away, only with the help from my ultra geek dad (still the coolest dad ever!). So don't trust anything on the net. Everything's about money.

4 kommentarer:

  1. 13 year old again :P
    I had the same thing happen to me in a way. I was just innocently browsing the net for Megan fox stuff..and a website just started dowloading stuff for a Free virus scan. It looked fake, and I caught a virus. I opened a file from home at school and within an hour every computer caught it...hehe.
    It's a fact of life that everythings about money and free trials, but all those people need the money for a reason I'm sure. And if they just get a guilty pleasure out of scamming innocent people, then they are bad bad men.
    I myself don't trust the internet, I think I have a couple a fears to face with it. Number one, youtube videos. I'm scared as hell to watch them now because some people like to put horrible screaming banshee's and joker's in them when you least expect it. My second fear of the internet, is trial offers. The word free has yet to be actually free D:
    haha just a couple of thoughts

    SvarSlet
  2. Lol, yea, but this one disappointed me more than usual, because they claimed to be microsoft (which of course it wasnøt really..) I know those youtube video's, but I haven't encountered THAT many, so I'm not scared of them, but yea, I started crying after falling victim to one of them xD.

    And trisl offers are free. But only for a limited period. That's why they're called "trials", so you cn test it, before you buy.... Which of course we don't. I know a couple of websites that really ARE free. Music, movies, games (I only download small flash games and music though). I should dhut up now, since they're VERY hard on people who download music in Denmark!

    Thanks for your comment mr 13 hehe.

    SvarSlet
  3. Omg, I've never had this exact thing happen, but one time, one of those "Think you know Miley Cyrus? Take this quiz and get a free rigtone" things popped up, and I figured oh what the heck why not (I know a lot about Miley Cyrus because when I was 9 I was like her biggest fan *pukes*) Then I took it, and got a perfect score, so it had me fill some stuff out "to get my ringtone" but instead, I somehow ended up making an account on some stupid site called "Predicto" and now like at least once every week the stupid thing sends me a text. Ugh. It's annoying. And as for the youtube thing, I've never encountered that, but at least once I week I get Rick Roll'd, it ticks me off like nothin' else!

    SvarSlet
  4. Oooh I tried something like that too. I took this quizz, and it said I had to type in my cell phone number to recieve the results. I was stupid enough to do it, and then it turned out that I subscribed to something by writing my number. Then I had to pay 50 dkk each week through my cell O_O

    I hate scams...

    SvarSlet